1. Our trips are aimed primarily at experienced hill walkers who wish to add scrambling, rock climbing and mountaineering skills to the skills they already possess.
2. As a climber, mountaineer or scrambler, we expect and encourage you to be self reliant and to want to accept responsibility for your own safety in the mountain or outdoor environment. We encourage you to discuss with us what is expected of you in terms of all aspects of safety on our trips.
3. Having said that, we do not offer you any kind of choice when it comes to safety. Your views are relevant in terms of any safety discussion but our decision on safety matters has to be final. Safety is our priority.
4. We are not prepared to compromise safety or effective instruction simply to make our trips more exciting than they otherwise are.
5. If individuals on our trips have differing levels of experience, we will conduct the trip at the level of expertise of the least experienced individual on of the trip. Experience has shown us that to push people at a pace, which is beyond their capability in the outdoor environment, is almost certain to result in failure.
6. On certain trips, it may be possible, where we have an adequate number of guides along on the trip, to allocate those of you with different levels of expertise between the guides, particularly where it is in the safety interests of the trip as a whole to do so.